This custom-built farm home was built in Denton, Texas and incorporated elements of a traditional-style home with modern appliances and fixtures. It features an enclosed back patio surrounded by windows with paneling that match the rest of the home’s exterior. Custom shelving and cabinetry was added to different areas of the home, including the kitchen with a wine rack and the living area.
- Modern light fixtures grace the ceiling, using drop-down lighting and even a color-matched ceiling fan incorporating the color throughout the kitchen.
- Crown Molding was added around the ceiling with decorative crown molding added to the top of the kitchen cabinets.
- Waynes-coating was used as a paneling for the base of the eating area around the outside of the kitchen.
- A custom wine-rack allows for quick and easy access in the corner of the bottom cabinets.
- Custom tile was laid in the flooring with a trim of wood synthetic around the base-boards and island in the center of the kitchen.
- Shelves were added into the end of the kitchen island, with furniture-styled feet giving an aesthetic appeal to traditional islands.
- Custom shelving and cabinets were added to the living room for practical use. The decorative crown moldings used on the kitchen cabinets were also incorporated into this shelving as well for continuity throughout the open space.
- Pocket doors were installed throughout the house, creating an open feel and clean lines.
- Transoms added above doors and windows provide extra natural light into the house and add the convenience of a natural draft throughout the house when they are open.
- The back patio of the house was enclosed, using the same paneling as the exterior of the house.