When company comes into town, this house is where you send ‘em.
We really had a blast working on this house. When we started working on this design and build custom home in Oak Point, we knew that it was going to be something really special. This house is filled to the brim with unique items that you’re just not going to find anywhere else.
And there’s no better place to start than the kitchen. The granite counter tops we put in here are a really interesting color—thunder cream—that you just don’t see every day. We also put in shaker-style cabinets and a gorgeous vent-a-hood made of metal and glass that matches the rest of the appliances beautifully.
The real show stealer in this kitchen, however, is the island. It’s paneled in a beautiful dark beadboard, and, in addition to the stunning thunder cream granite countertops, it has a special kidney shape that lets it double as food prep space and bar area. Guests can sit around for a drink and a chat while dinner is prepared!
The rest of the house is similarly unique. We used pine timber beams throughout the entire house to contrast with the bright white painted ceilings, and we even matched the pine timbers in the ceiling with a pine timber mantel over the fireplace. The switch-activated fireplace can be easily turned on and off by guests without them having to deal with messy logs or ashes.
The keyword is luxury in the bathrooms of this house. We installed an extra deep oval bathtub in one bathroom that could comfortably seat 2—don’t let guests get in, because they’ll never want to get out! The bathtub is augmented by a modern frameless glass shower, giving guests a quick and classy second option to the bathtub.
But there’s so much more—just take a look!
- The unique kidney shaped island with dark beadboard wood paneling makes dinnertime prep a snap.
- Note the beautiful granite counter tops in the thunder cream color, the shaker style cabinets, and the dual sinks.
- The entire house actually has stained concrete floors—pretty and easy to clean!
- Gorgeous dark pine ceiling beams make their way throughout the household.
- Note the glass fronted cabinets at the top of the kitchen.
- The unique metal and glass vent-a-hood matches the appliances, with a gorgeous subway-tile backsplash behind.
- The gas fireplace is switch activated and stone clad, with a matching pine timber mantel that goes beautifully with the beams in the ceiling.
- The unique oval bathtub is extra deep, providing plenty of room for long, luxurious baths.
- The beautiful frameless glass shower doors add a touch of modern to contrast with the classic style of the bathtub.
- The bar in the hallway was originally configured in such a way that the columns caused space issues, making passing through difficult, so we reconfigured it to fit the space better—now it’s perfect for grabbing a quick drink before settling down for the evening!
- The pocket door in the powder room is an excellent space saver!
- The stained concrete floors in the laundry room make cleanup a snap, and the custom shelving and folding counter in this room really help to utilize every bit of storage space available (note the custom cabinet over the washer and dryer).
- A stunning rain glass door leads into one of the smaller baths.
- Moving back to the kitchen, on the opposite site, we can see this amazing storage area with lighting—no searching for dishes in a dark cupboard here!
- The inside of the house is just as amazing as everything else! Spray foam insulation on the inside of the entire attic makes the house as energy efficient as possible.
- Moving outside, note the stone and siding combination matching well with the rustic cedar beams.
- The custom elevation design of this house really makes it stand out from the surrounding buildings!
- These beautiful white doors have iron inset in the glass, combining design with privacy.
- A unique rock wall with windows above is not to be found elsewhere in this neighborhood—really amazing!